Harris County Murder & Manslaughter Lawyer
Taking the life of another person is one of the most serious criminal offenses in Texas and as such, it is punished very harshly. There are also many different types of murder and manslaughter charges in the state. Regardless of the type of charge you are facing, it is essential that you let a Harris County murder & manslaughter lawyer handle your case. An attorney can advise on the defenses available, and give you the best chance of retaining your freedom.
Our Harris County Murder & Manslaughter Lawyer Can Defend Against Murder
Texas law outlines many acts that could constitute murder. These are as follows:
- Knowingly or intentionally causing the death of another person
- Intending to cause serious bodily harm and committing an act that is an obvious threat to human life and results in the death of another person
- During the course of a felony, other than manslaughter, committing an act that clearly poses a threat to human life and results in the death of another person
Probation is not possible after a murder conviction, and the penalty is between 5 and 99 years in prison.
Our Harris County Murder & Manslaughter Lawyer Can Defend Against Capital Murder Charges
Capital murder is the most serious charge a person could face in the state. Capital murder occurs when a person:
- Kills a fireman or peace officer acting in official capacity, and when the accused knew the person was a fireman or peace officer
- Intentionally commits murder during the commission of a robbery, burglary, kidnapping, arson, aggravated assault, terroristic threats, or obstruction or retaliation
- Commits murder for compensation or hires someone to commit murder for compensation
- Commits murder while escaping or trying to escape a prison facility
- Murders a person under the age of ten years old
A conviction for capital murder may result in a death penalty sentence, so it is crucial that you have experienced legal representation by your side.
Our Harris County Murder & Manslaughter Lawyer Defends All Manslaughter Charges
There are many different types of manslaughter charges in Texas. They are as follows:
- Voluntary manslaughter: Voluntary manslaughter occurs when a person intentionally but recklessly causes the death of another person but the murder was not premeditated.
- Involuntary manslaughter: Involuntary manslaughter occurs when a person unintentionally, but still recklessly, causes the death of another person.
- Vehicular manslaughter: Vehicular manslaughter charges may apply when a person operates their motor vehicle in such a negligent manner that it results in the death of another person.
- Intoxication manslaughter: If a death results from an intoxicated driver, it is usually charged as intoxication manslaughter.
Although manslaughter is usually a lesser charge than murder, it is still critical to speak to a defense attorney that can help with your case.
Call Our Murder & Manslaughter Lawyer in Harris County Today
If you are facing the serious charge of manslaughter or murder, call our Harris County murder and manslaughter lawyer at Ayson Law Firm today. Our skilled attorney has the necessary experience to defend these cases aggressively to give you the best chance of a successful outcome. Call us today at 832-209-2297 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation.