ACS-CHAL Forensic Lawyer-Scientist
When many people first think of lawyers, they often imagine family law attorneys or personal injury lawyers. One often overlooked type of attorney is an ACS-CHAL forensic lawyer-scientist. This highly specialized area of law validates and legitimizes scientific facts for the benefit of justice. The actual title is known as ‘The ACS Forensic Lawyer-Scientist Designation as recognized by the Chemistry and the Law Division of the ACS,’ which is more easily broken down into ACS-CHAL forensic lawyer-scientist. Below, our skilled attorney outlines the program, and the benefits of having one of these lawyers on your side.
What is the ACS Forensic Chromatology Program?
The American Chemistry Society (ACS) is the largest scientific society in the world. The Society’s mission is to enhance the lives of people using the transforming power of chemistry. The forensic chromatology program was designed by the ACS Education Committee to help lawyers expose illegitimate or invalidated science in the courtroom so true justice is pursued.
To obtain an ACS Forensic Lawyer-Scientist Designation that is acknowledged by the Chemistry and Law Division of the ACS, an attorney must enroll in and complete specific courses before taking and passing a proficiency test on the information covered in the courses. A few of the requirements include:
- Completing a forensic chromatography course twice,
- Completing a course examining scientific drug analyses
- Completing a course examining the scientific factors involved in drunk driving cases
- A passing grade in the exams (including knowledge and proficiency) based on the material learned in the course.
The goal of the program is to recognize lawyers who are highly trained in forensic and scientific matters. It is also to ensure attorneys are well versed in the science of the law and fully understand the forensic matters they have learned. It is for this reason that an examination must be successfully passed rather than certification being based primarily on attendance, as some other legal credentials are.
Why Work with an ACS-CHAL Forensic Lawyer-Scientist?
If you have been charged with a crime, there are many benefits to working with an ACS-CHAL forensic lawyer-scientist. Just a few of these are as follows:
- Working with an attorney who will effectively challenge the faulty or misrepresented evidence presented by the prosecution
- A thorough examination of your case from a scientific perspective so the lawyer can identify weaknesses in the state’s case, and
- The use of persuasive arguments and other important evidence that other attorneys are unable to provide because they do not have the scientific expertise.
To beat criminal charges, you need every benefit available to you. Working with an ACS-CHAL forensic lawyer-scientist gives you a much better chance of beating your charges.
Call Our ACS-CHAL Forensic Lawyer-Scientist in Texas Today
If you have been criminally charged, our Texas ACS-CHAL forensic lawyer-scientist at Ayson Law Firm can provide the specialized legal advice you need. Call us now at 832-209-2297 or fill out our online form to schedule a free consultation with our highly skilled attorney and to learn more about how we can help.